It's Cool And Refreshing
Perusing the new magazine All You, I found a fun homemade ginger ale recipe. I love ginger ale and now love it even more because I can make it fresh at home whenever I have a craving for the fizzy drink.
Homemade Ginger Ale
- 1 (4- to 5-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 liters seltzer or club soda, chilled
- Thinly sliced lemon for garnish, optional
- Combine fresh ginger and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until ginger is finely ground.
- Transfer ginger sugar to a large saucepan, add lemon juice and stir in water. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring.
- Reduce heat slightly and simmer until thick and syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and steep for 20 minutes. Strain and cool.
- Syrup can be made up to 2 weeks in advance. Keep tightly covered and refrigerated.
- Just before serving, fill 8 tall glasses with crushed ice. Pour about 1/4 cup chilled ginger syrup into each glass.
- Fill glasses with chilled seltzer or club soda and serve right away, garnished with lemon slices.
More Vegan Recipes
Sweet and sticky cashew tofu
Easy pita pizza
Layered Enchilada Casserole