If You've Got An Overabundance Of Zucchini Taking Over Your Garden Or You Simply Have A Craving For Fried Food, These Fried Zucchini Sticks Will Be A Tasty Hit. Serve Them As A Vegan Side Dish Or Indulgent Vegan Snack.
If you've got an overabundance of zucchini taking over your garden or you simply have a craving for fried food, these fried zucchini sticks will be a tasty hit. Serve them as a vegan side dish or indulgent vegan snack.
If you've got an overabundance of zucchini taking over your garden or you simply have a craving for fried food, these fried zucchini sticks will be a tasty hit. Serve them as a vegan side dish or indulgent vegan snack.Fried Zucchini
- Canola oil
- 1 cupÂ all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup soymilk
- 1 cup medium ground cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 medium zucchini, halved, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
More delicious vegan side dish recipes!
- Pour oil 1 to 2 inches high into a large high-sided skillet over medium heat (350 to 375 degrees F).
- While oil is heating, place flour in 1 bowl, soymilk in another, and cornmeal in a third bowl.
- Evenly divide sugar and salt among the bowls. Add cayenne and chives to cornmeal, stirring to combine.
- Dip zucchini slices into flour, shaking off excess, then into soymilk, and then coat with cornmeal.
- Lay zucchini in skillet and cook 2 minutes per side or until the coating is golden brown and crunchy.
- Transfer zucchini to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Serve warm.