A Yummy Swap For BBQ Beans, This Latin-Inspired Black Bean Salad Boasts Sweet And Spicy Flavors That Complement Mexican Vegan Recipes As Well As Any Summer Cookout Fare.
A yummy swap for BBQ beans, this Latin-inspired black bean salad boasts sweet and spicy flavors that complement Mexican vegan recipes as well as any summer cookout fare.
A yummy swap for BBQ beans, this Latin-inspired black bean salad boasts sweet and spicy flavors that complement Mexican vegan recipes as well as any summer cookout fare.Black Bean Mango Salad
If you have the time, you can substitute fresh cooked (and cooled) black beans.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 mangoes, pitted, peeled, diced
- 1 large jalapeno, minced (seeded, if desired)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 green onions, sliced (green and white parts)
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
More tasty vegan salad recipes!
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, mango, jalapeno, cilantro, green onions, and lime zest.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, coriander, and cumin.
- Add lime vinaigrette to the black bean salad and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at leastÂ 1 hour or up to overnight. Toss again before serving.