Who Says Vegan Cookouts Can't Feature Fabulously Flavored Burgers? Fire Up The Grill For Your Summer Entertaining And Serve These Spicy Black Bean Burgers.
Who says vegan cookouts can't feature fabulously flavored burgers? Fire up the grill for your summer entertaining and serve these spicy black bean burgers.
Who says vegan cookouts can't feature fabulously flavored burgers? Fire up the grill for your summer entertaining and serve these spicy black bean burgers. Southwest Vegan Burger
Makes 4 to 6 burgersIngredients:
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil plus extra for the grill
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fire-roasted diced tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 4 to 6 whole grain hamburger buns, toasted
- Sliced avocados
More delish vegan dinner recipes!
- In a food processor, combine beans, oil, bread crumbs, and cornmeal. Pulse to chop.
- Add onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, and chile powder. Pulse until well-combined.
- Form mixture into 4 to 6 patties. Set on a plate and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium. Brush grill grate with oil.
- Grill patties until browned and heated through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve patties on toasted buns with avocado and salsa.