Vegan coconut milk whipped cream
Don't forget the whipped cream!
Going vegan doesn't mean going without whipped cream. You can buy vegan whipped cream or you can make your own.
Being a fan of coconut milk, I prefer making my own non-dairy whipped cream. Here is a simple vegan coconut milk whipped cream recipe.
Vegan coconut milk whipped cream recipe
Yields 1 cup
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk, chilled
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar (more or less to taste)
- Open the can of coconut milk and scrape the coconut cream layer into a chilled bowl (do not pour in the liquid; reserve it for another use).
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the coconut cream to lighten it up.
- Add sugar and continue to beat until the sugar is incorporated. Refrigerate until firm.
- Use a whisk to beat the cream until semi-smooth. Serve immediately.
More vegan desserts
New frozen desserts for part-time vegans
Vegan divas flagship bakery and cafe
Vegan dessert sauce: Berry coulis