Tempeh Is A Tasty Vegan Substitute When You're Craving Meat. The Soy-Based Protein Has A Heartier Texture Than Tofu And Can Be Added To Any Savory Meal. This Asian-Style Pasta Recipe Is Inspired From Lightlife, My Favorite Source For Tempeh.
Tempeh is a tasty vegan substitute when you're craving meat. The soy-based protein has a heartier texture than tofu and can be added to any savory meal. This Asian-style pasta recipe is inspired from Lightlife, my favorite source for tempeh.
Tempeh is a tasty vegan substitute when you're craving meat. The soy-based protein has a heartier texture than tofu and can be added to any savory meal. This Asian-style pasta recipe is inspired from Lightlife
, my favorite source for tempeh.
Asian Tempeh Pasta
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces Lightlife's Organic Soy Tempeh, cut into 48 pieces
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 3 green onions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced lengthwise, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
More tasty vegan dinner recipes!
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, zest, sesame oil, tamari, and ginger. Add tempeh and toss to coat. Let marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Remove tempeh from marinade, reserving marinade, and transfer tempeh to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tempeh is a golden brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer tempeh to a plate and keep warm.
- Add carrots, green onions, snow peas, and water to skillet, stirring to combine. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are just tender.
- Stir reserved marinade into the vegetables and bring to a simmer.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, tempeh, carrot mixture, and cucumber. Serve garnished with cilantro.