Ripe Juicy Sweet Blackberries And Lemony Thyme Makes This Vegan Pie Recipe An Unusual And Super Delicious Summer Dessert.
Blackberry season is my favorite time of year -- not only does it mean summer is here, it also means I get to eat blackberries with abandon. This blackberry lemon thyme pie is by far my favorite way to bite into these irresistible berries.
Blackberry season is my favorite time of year -- not only does it mean summer is here, it also means I get to eat blackberries with abandon. This blackberry lemon thyme pie is by far my favorite way to bite into these irresistible berries.Blackberry Lemon Thyme Pie
- 1 recipe pie dough for a double crust pie
- 6Â cups fresh ripe blackberries
- Sugar to taste, depending on the sweetness of the berries
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons quick cooking instant tapioca
More tasty vegan dessert recipes!
- Divide dough into two equal pieces and roll each out to 13-inches diameter.
- Use one part of the dough to line a 10-inch pie dish. Place the second part of dough on a sheet of waxed paper and cover with waxed paper. Place pie dishÂ and top crust in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, combine berries, sugar, lemon zest, lemon, thyme leaves, and tapioca. Set aside for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Transfer blackberry mixture to pie dish. Top with second portion of dough, trim, and press edges of the dough together, crimping as you go. Slash the top of the pie.
- Bake for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees F. Bake for an additional 25 minutes or until crust has lightly browned and filling is bubbly. (Use a pie protector or aluminum foil to keep the edges from burning, if necessary.)
- Let pie sit on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with non-dairy topping, if desired, and garnish with blackberries.