Sipping Orange Pekoe With A Slice Of Spicy Tea Cake Is A Delicious Way To Spend The Afternoon Of A Warm, Sunny Day. This Easy Vegan Cake Recipe Can Also Be A Tasty Addition To A Weekend Picnic Basket.
Sipping orange pekoe with a slice of spicy tea cake is a delicious way to spend the afternoon of a warm, sunny day. This easy vegan cake recipe can also be a tasty addition to a weekend picnic basket.
Sipping orange pekoe with a slice of spicy tea cake is a delicious way to spend the afternoon of a warm, sunny day. This easy vegan cake recipe can also be a tasty addition to a weekend picnic basket.Cinnamon Tea Cake
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 6 tablespoons water
- 10 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
More tasty vegan dessert recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a 9-inch round baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine flax and water and set aside to thicken.
- In a mediumÂ saucepan over low heat, combine margarine, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Stir frequently until margarine is melted. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk flax mixture into margarine mixture.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, orange zest, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the margarine mixture and stir until just moist. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Invert cake onto a wire rack and continue to cool.