Since Meat-Based Sloppy Joes Are Off Your Family's Vegan Dinner Menu, Try These Vegan Sloppy Joes Featuring Tofu.
Since meat-based Sloppy Joes are off your family's vegan dinner menu, try these Vegan Sloppy Joes featuring tofu. Serve this hearty vegan meal with a crisp green salad.
Since meat-based Sloppy Joes are off your family's vegan dinner menu, try these Vegan Sloppy Joes featuring tofu. Serve this hearty vegan meal with a crisp green salad
Vegan Sloppy Joes
- 1 (16-ounce) block of firm tofu, pressed, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 8 whole grain buns, split, toasted
More tasty vegan dinner recipes!
- Crumble tofu into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil and cook onion and bell pepper, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato puree, tomato paste, molasses, coriander, cayenne, and parsley. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Fill buns with tofu mixture and serve.