Need A Crowd-Pleasing Vegan Dessert For Your Summer Holidays? Bake A Few Extra Batches Of These Vegan Cookies And Keep Them In Your Freezer.
Need a crowd-pleasing vegan dessert for your summer holidays? Bake a few extra batches of these vegan cookies and keep them in your freezer. For a tasty change, swap out dark chocolate for vegan white chocolate and pecans for the walnuts.
Need a crowd-pleasing vegan dessert for your summer holidays? Bake a few extra batches of these vegan cookies and keep them in your freezer. For a tasty change, swap out dark chocolate for vegan white chocolate and pecans for the walnuts. Nutty Oat and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 24 cookiesIngredients:
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cupÂ (1 stick) vegan margarine
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
Cook's note: Let cookies cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to 3 days or before freezing for up to 2 months.More yummy veganÂ dessert recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together flax and water. Set aside for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- In aÂ medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and margarine until combined. Beat in flax mixture and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate, walnuts, and sunflower seeds.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets, spacing dough about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are set. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to continue to cool.