Millet Is A Quick-Cooking Gluten-Free Grain That Stars In This Asian-Inspired Vegan Salad Recipe. Juicy Mango, Crunchy Water Chestnuts, Toasted Millet, And Asian Flavors Make For A Tasty Vegan Side Dish Or Light Vegan Meal.
Millet is a quick-cooking gluten-free grain that stars in this Asian-inspired vegan salad recipe. Juicy mango, crunchy water chestnuts, toasted millet, and Asian flavors make for a tasty vegan side dish or light vegan meal.
Millet is a quick-cooking gluten-free grain that stars in this Asian-inspired vegan salad recipe. Juicy mango, crunchy water chestnuts, toasted millet, and Asian flavors make for a tasty vegan side dish or light vegan meal.Asian Toasted Millet Salad
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup millet
- 2 cups water
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 5 green onions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Juice and finely grated zest of half an orange
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Handful of cashews
More delicious vegan salad recipes!
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add millet and cook, stirring often, until millet is lightly toasted.
- Remove saucepan from heat and carefully add water. Place saucepan on the burner and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine millet, mango, bell pepper, water chestnuts, green onions, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, orange juice and zest, and sesame oil. Whisk in remaining olive oil.
- Pour dressing over millet mixture, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Garnish salad with cashews and serve.