Tender, Smoky Grilled Sweet Potatoes Turn An Ordinary Vegan Potato Salad Into A Fast Favorite For Summer Celebrations.
Tender, smoky grilled sweet potatoes turn an ordinary vegan potato salad into a fast favorite for summer celebrations.
Tender, smoky grilled sweet potatoes turn an ordinary vegan potato salad into a fast favorite for summer celebrations.Grilled Sweet Potato Salad
- 4 sweet potatoes, scrubbed, cut lenthwise into 3/4-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup dried currants
- 3/4Â cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
More vegan grilling recipes!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add sweet potato slices and boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until just starting to get tender.
- Drain, pat dry, and place potatoes on a wire rack to cool.
- Preheat grill to medium-low heat and oil grill grate.
- Brush potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 10 minutes, flipping once or twice,Â until firm but tender.
- Transfer slices to a cutting board and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine any remaining olive oil, celery, red onion, parsley, and currants.
- Cut sweet potatoes into bite-sized cubes. Add to the bowl, tossing to combine.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, lime zest, and juice. Add to the potato salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for a few hours to chill.