Give Your Spring And Summer Vegan Meals Some Smoky Heat With This Roasted Pepper Vegan Salad. Serve It As A Tasty Vegan Side Dish Or Pile It Into A Pita For A Satisfying Vegan Meal.
Give your spring and summer vegan meals some smoky heat with this roasted pepper vegan salad. Serve it as a tasty vegan side dish or pile it into a pita for a satisfying vegan meal.
Give your spring and summer vegan meals some smoky heat with this roasted pepper vegan salad. Serve it as a tasty vegan side dish or pile it into a pita for a satisfying vegan meal.Roasted Poblano Corn Salad
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 large cobs of corn, husks and silk removed
- 3Â tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder or chile powder (more to taste, if desired)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cook's note: You can also refrigerate salad overnight and serve it chilled.More tasty vegan side dish recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub peppers and corn with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Roast peppers and corn, turning occasionally, until they are lightly browned.
- Place peppers in a paper bag and set corn aside until it is cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cabbage, onion, lemon juice and zest, cilantro, and chipotle or chile powder.
- Remove peppers from bag and use your fingers to remove the skin. Slit them in half and remove the seeds. Chop and add to the cabbage mixture.
- Use a sharp knife to remove corn kernels from the cob. Add to bowl and toss to combine.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss again and serve.