Creamy With A Mild Onion Flavor, This Easy Vegan Soup Can Be Served As A First Course For A Spring Holiday Meal Or Paired With A Salad And Enjoyed As A Filling Vegan Meal.
Creamy with a mild onion flavor, this easy vegan soup can be served as a first course for a spring holiday meal or paired with a salad and enjoyed as a filling vegan meal.
Creamy with a mild onion flavor, this easy vegan soup can be served as a first course for a spring holiday meal or paired with a salad and enjoyed as a filling vegan meal.Leek and Red Potato Soup
- 6 red potatoes, scrubbed, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, white parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32-ounce) container vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cook's note: For a showy garnish, reserve a few leek slices and crispy-fry them in oil. Simply set on top of the soup when served.More tasty vegan soup recipes!
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a high simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook leeks, stirring often, until tender.
- Add garlic to leeks and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Place potatoes and leeks in a food processor or blender. Add about 3 cups broth and process until smooth.
- Add thyme and parsley. Process again. If mixture is too thick, add remaining cup of broth. Depending on the size of your potatoes, you may have to add another cup of water for desired consistency.
- Pour pureed soup into the large pot and set over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot, garnished with chopped herbs, if desired.