Tempeh-Filled Lettuce Wraps Are Easy, Delicious, And A Perfect Spring Or Summer Recipe When You're Craving A Light And Healthy Vegan Meal.
Tempeh-filled lettuce wraps are easy, delicious, and a perfect spring or summer recipe when you're craving a light and healthy vegan meal.
Tempeh-filled lettuce wraps are easy, delicious, and a perfect spring or summer recipe when you're craving a light and healthy vegan meal.Asian Tempeh Lettuce WrapsIngredients:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound tempeh, crumbled
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black bean with garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- 2 cups steamed jasmine rice
More vegan dinner recipes!
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Add tempeh and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tempeh starts to lightly brown.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir constantly for 1 minute. Stir in black bean sauce, tamari, hoisin, vinegar, and water chestnuts, and heat through.
- Stir in green onions and sesame oil.
- Fill each lettuce leaf with rice and top with tempeh mixture. Wrap leaf around filling and serve immediately.