When A Sit-Down Breakfast Isn't On Your Schedule, Grab A Couple Of These Vegan Breakfast Bars. Packed With Oats And Dried Fruit, This Vegan Meal Will Give You A Sustained Boost Of Energy To Get Through Your Morning.
When a sit-down breakfast isn't on your schedule, grab a couple of these vegan breakfast bars. Packed with oats and dried fruit, this vegan meal will give you a sustained boost of energy to get through your morning.
When a sit-down breakfast isn't on your schedule, grab a couple of these vegan breakfast bars. Packed with oats and dried fruit, this vegan meal will give you a sustained boost of energy to get through your morning.Oat and Dried Fruit Breakfast Bars
Makes 9 barsIngredients:
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup agave
- 2-1/4 cups uncooked steel-cut oats
- 1 cup shredded toasted coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted prunes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1 banana, mashed well
- Egg replacer equivalent to 2 egg (use Ener-G), prepared according to package instructions
More tasty vegan breakfast recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small pan over low heat, melt butter and agave together, stirring often until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, baking powder and sesame seeds.
- Stir in prunes, apricots and cherries and mix well. Gently fold in egg replacer.
- Add agave mixture and banana to the oat mixture and mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool in theÂ bakingÂ dishÂ for 15 minutes. Invert onto a cutting board and and cut into rectangular bars.