Vegan spinach and tofu enchiladas
Spinach, olives and tofu give these spicy vegan enchiladas a satisfying taste and texture. Serve them with a side of rice or avocado salad to round out this vegan Mexican meal.
Vegan spinach and tofu enchiladas recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained, pressed and mashed
- 1 cup black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup picante sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 vegan flour tortillas
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce, warmed
- 1 cup vegan cheese of your choice, shredded (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring often, for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring often, until the spinach is wilted.
- Add tofu, olives, spices, oregano and picante sauce, and cook, stirring often, until the mixture is hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the filling among the tortillas, rolling them into enchiladas.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Set the enchiladas inside the dish side by side, and pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle it with vegan cheese (optional). Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
More vegan recipes
Easy vegan queso dip
Vegan fettuccine Alfredo recipe
Vegan gumbo recipe