These Vegan Bean And Rice Burritos Are A Meal In One. You Can Serve Them With A Jicama Salad As A Sit-Down Vegan Meal, Or Wrap Them Up And Eat Them On The Go.
These vegan bean and rice burritos are a meal in one. You can serve them with a jicama salad as a sit-down vegan meal, or wrap them up and eat them on the go.
These vegan bean and rice burritos are a meal in one. You can serve them with a jicama salad as a sit-down vegan meal, or wrap them up and eat them on the go.Vegan Bean and Rice Burritos
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado, halved, pitted, peeled
- Juice of half a lemon
- 8 vegan flour tortillas
- Shredded vegan cheese
- Vegan sour cream
More vegan Mexican recipes!
- Place rice and broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add beans, tomatoes, jalapeno, and corn and cook, stirring often, until mixture is heated through. Stir in green onions and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice avocado and sprinkle with lemon juice. Spread out tortillas and arrange avocado slices on the center of each tortilla.
- Fill each tortilla with rice and bean mixture. If desired, sprinkle with vegan cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- Roll up each tortilla into a burrito and serve. If making ahead, simply place on a baking sheet and reheat in the oven for 10 minutes at 300 degrees F.