Roasted Golden Beets And Garlic Sauteed Kale And Beet Greens Tossed With Rice, Chickpeas, And Dried Fruit Is A Colorful, Delicious, And Ultra-Healthy Vegan Meal That Even Your Kids Will Eagerly Dig Into. If Possible, Use Organic Beets, Carrots, And Kale.
Roasted golden beets and garlic sauteed kale and beet greens tossed with rice, chickpeas, and dried fruit is a colorful, delicious, and ultra-healthy vegan meal that even your kids will eagerly dig into. If possible, use organic beets, carrots, and kale.
Roasted golden beets and garlic sauteed kale and beet greensÂ tossed with rice, chickpeas, and dried fruit is a colorful, delicious, and ultra-healthy vegan meal that even your kids will eagerly dig into. If possible, use organic beets, carrots, and kale.Â Golden Beets and Kale with Brown Rice
- 3 golden beets with greens attached
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch lacinto or dinosaur kale, ribs removed, leaves chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 to 3 cups cooked brown rice
More healthy vegan recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut beet greens from beets and set greens aside. Scrub beets, pat dry, and dice.
- In a large bowl, toss diced beets and carrots with 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Spread beet mixture in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, wash beet greens, shake dry,Â and remove ribs. Chop the leaves.
- Heat remaining oil in a large, wide pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add beet greens and kale and cook, stirring often, until leaves begin to wilt.
- If necessary, add 1/4 cup water to the skillet to help steam the leaves. Leaves are done when they are wilted and tender.
- Add garbanzo beans to greens and stir to combine.
- Add roasted beets and carrots, raisins, cherries,Â orange zest, and riceÂ to the pot and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and heat through. Serve warm.