If You've Got Zucchini In Your Garden, You've Probably Got More Than Plenty. Grilled Zucchini Is A Great Way To Make Delicious Use Of Your Garden -- Or Farmers' Market -- Bounty.
If you've got zucchini in your garden, you've probably got more than plenty. Grilled zucchini is a great way to make delicious use of your garden -- or farmers' market -- bounty.
If you've got zucchini in your garden, you've probably got more than plenty. Grilled zucchini is a great way to make delicious use of your garden -- or farmers' market -- bounty.Grilled Zucchini and Toasted Pine Nuts
- 2 large zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1 large onion, cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
More tasty vegan side dish recipes!
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cut zucchini into slices lengthwise and place in a large bowl. Add onion slices.
- Drizzle zucchini and onion with olive oil, lemon juice, and Italian seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Lay zucchini and onions on the grill or in a grill grate and grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Flip vegetables and continue to grill until tender and lightly browned on both sides.
- Meanwhile, place pine nuts in a small grill-safe skillet and toast for 2 to 3 minutes or until just lightly golden.
- Transfer zucchini and onion slices to a serving platter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with pine nuts and lemon zest.