Spring And Summer Bring New Crops Of Sweet Carrots That Are Ideal For Lighter Vegan Soups. This Vegan Carrot Soup Is Bursting With Nutrition And Bright Farmers' Market Fresh Flavors.
Spring and summer bring new crops of sweet carrots that are ideal for lighter vegan soups. This vegan carrot soup is bursting with nutrition and bright farmers' market fresh flavors.
Spring and summer bringÂ new crops of sweet carrots that are ideal for lighter vegan soups. This vegan carrot soup is bursting with nutrition and bright farmers' market fresh flavors. Carrot Thyme Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound carrots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 baking potato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut milk plus more for swirling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
More tasty vegan soup recipes!
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and carrots and cook, stirring often, until softened.
- Stir in garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add broth, potato, agave, and thyme and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and puree. Return soup to pan.
- Stir in vanilla and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Swirl with a little more coconut milk and serve hot or chilled.