Warm, Juicy Mango Chunks Blanketed With A Nutty Oat Topping Is The Perfect Vegan Breakfast, Dessert, Or Afternoon Snack. Not A Fan Of Mango? Substitute Your Favorite In-Season Fruit.
Warm, juicy mango chunks blanketed with a nutty oat topping is the perfect vegan breakfast, dessert, or afternoon snack. Not a fan of mango? Substitute your favorite in-season fruit.
Warm, juicy mango chunks blanketed with a nutty oat topping is the perfect vegan breakfast, dessert, or afternoon snack. Not a fan of mango? Substitute your favorite in-season fruit.Vegan Mango Oat Crisp
- 4 large, ripe mangoes, pitted, peeled, diced
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder or cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine or coconut oil at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
More delicious vegan dessert recipes!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine mango, 1/2 cup sugar, lime zest, and juice. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, remaining sugar, and 5-spice powder. Add margarine or coconut oil and rub it into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir almonds into dry ingredients and sprinkle evenly over mango chunks.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until topping is browned and mangoes are juicy and bubbling.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.