Spring Season Is Here But That Doesn't Mean The Winter Weather Is Ready To Let Go. Whether You're Under A Dump Of Snow Or Cold Rain, Warm Up With This Vegan Bean Stew.
Spring season is here but that doesn't mean the winter weather is ready to let go. Whether you're under a dump of snow or cold rain, warm up with this vegan bean stew.
Spring season is here but that doesn't mean the winter weather is ready to let go. Whether you're under a dump of snow or cold rain, warm up with thisÂ vegan bean stew.Vegetable White Bean Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces button or wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bunch kale or chard, stems and woody veins removed, leaves chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (32-ounce) carton vegetable broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
More tasty vegan dinner recipes!
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery, and zucchini. Cook, stirring often, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme, and oregano and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute.
- Add kale or chard and cook, stirring often, until the leaves have wilted.
- Add tomatoes, broth, and beans, stirring to combine. If mixture seems thick, add 1 cup or so of water.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low,Â and continue to simmer forÂ 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley to serve.