Tender, Moist, And Loaded With Banana Cocoa Flavor, These Vegan Muffins Are A Tasty And Healthy Treat For Breakfast Or As A Grab-And-Go Vegan Snack.
Tender, moist, and loaded with banana cocoa flavor, these vegan muffins are a tasty and healthy treat for breakfast or as a grab-and-go vegan snack.
Tender, moist, and loaded with banana cocoa flavor, these vegan muffins are a tasty and healthy treat for breakfast or as a grab-and-go vegan snack.Banana Cocoa Nib Muffins
- 1/2 cup ground flax, divided
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut or soy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4Â cup cocoa nibs
Cook's note: If you don't have cocoa nibs, substitute chopped dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate morsels.More yummy vegan breakfast recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and grease a 12-serving muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons ground flax and water. Set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, remaining ground flax, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand up mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine brown sugar and margarine. Beat on high until well combined.
- Add flax/water mixture and beat until incorporated. Add bananas, yogurt, and extract, beating until well-combined.
- Add flour mixture andÂ mix on low speed until combined. Add cocoa nibs and continue to mix until just incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups with batter. Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly browned and the tops of muffins spring back when touched.
- Let cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.