Cannellini Beans Have A Lovely Nutty Taste And Tender, Creamy Flesh That Deliciously Contrasts The Crunch Of Toasted Baguette Slices. Garlic And Sun-Dried Tomatoes Gives The Bean Topping Even More Flavor For This Quick-To-Fix Vegan Appetizer.
Cannellini beans have a lovely nutty taste and tender, creamy flesh that deliciously contrasts the crunch of toasted baguette slices. Garlic and sun-dried tomatoes gives the bean topping even more flavor for this quick-to-fix vegan appetizer.
Cannellini beans have a lovely nutty taste and tender, creamy flesh that deliciously contrasts the crunch of toasted baguette slices. Garlic and sun-dried tomatoes gives the bean topping even more flavor for this quick-to-fix vegan appetizer.Cannellini Crostini
- 3Â tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) baguette, cut crosswise Â into 16 slices
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
More vegan entertaining recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use 1-1/2 tablespoons of the oil to lightly brush baguette slices. PlaceÂ them on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until just crisp and lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add onion. Cook, stirring often, until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, wine, and beans and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in parsley.
- Transfer bean mixture to a serving bowl.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices, letting guests heap bean mixture onto their toasts.