Whether You're Harvesting Spring Vegetables From Your Garden Or Stocking Up At The Farmers' Market, This Spring Vegetable Salad Gives You The Most Delicious Opportunity To Showcase Your Gorgeous Bounty As A Nutritious Vegan Lunch Or Dinner.
Whether you're harvesting spring vegetables from your garden or stocking up at the farmers' market, this spring vegetable salad gives you the most delicious opportunity to showcase your gorgeous bounty as a nutritious vegan lunch or dinner.
Whether you're harvesting spring vegetables from your garden or stocking up at the farmers' market, this spring vegetable salad gives you the most delicious opportunity to showcase your gorgeous bounty as a nutritious vegan lunch or dinner. Spring Vegetable Salad
- 12 spears asparagus, woody ends snapped off, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 12 sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 2 carrots
- 1 small fennel bulb, stalks removed, cored, halved
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed
- 6 cups spring mix or baby spinach leaves
- 1Â tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smooth almond butter
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic chives or regular chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pea shoots or other sprouts
More tastyÂ vegan salad recipes!
- Steam or blanch asparagus and snap peas until just tender. Transfer to an iced water bath to halt cooking.
- Shred carrots in the food processor or with a box grater. Place in a large bowl along with cool asparagus and peas.
- Use a mandoline to thinly shave fennel and radishes and place in the bowl.
- Add mixed greens orÂ spinach to the bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, almond butter, vinegar, lime juice, zest, and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing onto vegetables and toss to coat.
- Divide vegetable salad among 6 plates. Top with pea shoots or sprouts to serve.