An Antioxidant-Rich Vegan Salad
Whether a strawberry spinach salad is on the menu for your romantic Valentine's Day meal or you simply need one more ways to eat succulent strawberries when they are in season, this antioxidant-rich vegan salad will easily become a healthy family favorite. Best yet, you can toss this vegan recipe together in minutes.
Strawberry spinach salad
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 pint strawberries, trimmed and sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- Pinch ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast pecans, shaking the skillet often until they are fragrant and just lightly browned (do not scorch). Transfer them to a small plate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, arugula, strawberries, and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Plate the salad and scatter with pecans. Drizzle with more dressing if desired.
More vegan recipes
Easy vegan queso dip
Shredded veggie summer slaw