Carrots Get A Tasty Update With Chopped Nuts And Sweet Pineapple In This Easy Vegan Side Dish Recipe. Best Yet, It Is Ready In Minutes. For A Tropical Change, Substitute Macadamia Nuts For The Cashews.
Carrots get a tasty update with chopped nuts and sweet pineapple in this easy vegan side dish recipe. Best yet, it is ready in minutes. For a tropical change, substitute macadamia nuts for the cashews.
Carrots get a tasty update with chopped nuts and sweet pineapple in this easy vegan side dish recipe. Best yet, it is ready in minutes. For a tropical change, substitute macadamia nuts for the cashews.Cashew Pineapple Carrots
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 pound carrots, cut at a diagonal into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted cashews
More delicious vegan side dish recipes!
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple tidbits aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine pineapple juice and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in carrot slices, cover pan, and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in pineapple tidbits and continue to simmer until carrots are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into carrot mixture and cook for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Transfer carrots to a serving platter and sprinkle with cashews.