A Kid-Friendly Vegan Dinner Recipe, French Bread Pizza Is Also A Mom-Friendly Favorite Because There Is No Pizza Dough Making (Or Rolling) Required. Pick Your Bread, Sauce, And Toppings And You've Got A Quick Vegan Pizza In Minutes.
A kid-friendly vegan dinner recipe, French bread pizza is also a mom-friendly favorite because there is no pizza dough making (or rolling) required. Pick your bread, sauce, and toppings and you've got a quick vegan pizza in minutes.
A kid-friendly vegan dinner recipe, French bread pizza is also a mom-friendly favorite because there is no pizza dough making (or rolling) required. Pick your bread, sauce, and toppings and you've got a quick vegan pizza in minutes.Fast French Bread Pizza
- 1 (8-ounce) French baguette, split crosswise and lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces thinly sliced mushrooms
- 6 to 8 ounces pesto or tomato sauce of your choice
- Dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 1-1/2 cups shredded vegan cheese
More vegan dinner recipes!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Brush bread lightly with 1 tablespoon or so of the olive oil. Place bread cut side up on prepared baking sheet and toast in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms, stirring often, until mushrooms are softened and lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Spread pesto or tomato sauce on the cut-side of toasted bread and sprinkle with a pinch of seasoning.
- Top with mushrooms and olives and sprinkle with vegan cheese. Place in oven and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until toppings are bubbly and hot. Serve warm.