Pancakes Are Certainly A Family Favorite, Epsecially If You Have Kiddos, But This Easy Vegan Breakfast Recipe Is The Perfect Vegan Meal To Serve Your New Year's Guests.
Pancakes are certainly a family favorite, epsecially if you have kiddos, but this easy vegan breakfast recipe is the perfect vegan meal to serve your New Year's guests. Whether you have overnight guests or have planned a New Year's brunch, pancakes are a yummy vegan treat.
Pancakes are certainly a family favorite, epsecially if you have kiddos, but this easy vegan breakfast recipe is the perfect vegan meal to serve your New Year's guests. Whether you have overnight guests or have planned a New Year's brunch, pancakes are a yummy vegan treat.New Year's Vegan Pancakes
Makes 12 pancakesIngredients:
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 apples, cored, cut into thin wedges
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Vegan sour cream
More tasty vegan breakfast recipes!
- In a large skillet over medium heat, stir together margarine and olive oil until margarine is melted.
- Add apple wedges and cook, stirring often, until apples soften. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 more minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together flax and water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Whisk coconut milk into flax mixture. Add coconut milk mixture ingredients to flour ingredients and stir until just blended. You can adjust consistency by adding more coconut milk for thinner pancakes.
- Heat nonstick griddle to medium-high heat. Pour 1/4-cup portions of batter on griddle and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Flip pancakes and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until both sides are lightly browned and pancakes are cooked through.
- To serve, place pancakes on a serving platter and top with sauteed apples and vegan sour cream.