This Meaty Vegan Stew Is Rich With Flavorful Vegetables And Seitan, Making It A Healthy And Delicious Go-To For Vegan Comfort Food. Triple The Recipe And Freeze The Extra Batches So You Always Have A Warm, Wonderful Vegan Meal Just A Reheat Away.
This meaty vegan stew is rich with flavorful vegetables and seitan, making it a healthy and delicious go-to for vegan comfort food. Double or triple the recipe and freeze the extra batches so you always have a warm, wonderful vegan meal just a reheat away.
This meaty vegan stew is rich with flavorful vegetables and seitan, making it a healthy andÂ delicious go-to for vegan comfort food. Double or triple the recipe and freeze the extra batches so you always have a warm, wonderful vegan meal just a reheat away.Seitan Stew
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound seitan, cubed
- 1 onion, choppedÂ
- 2Â carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 3Â cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 4Â cups vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 pound red potatoes, cubedÂ
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
More vegan soup recipes!
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and cook seitan, stirring often, untilÂ browned. Use a slotted spoon toÂ transfer seitan to a plate.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are just tender. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, for about 1 minute.
- Stir in red wine and cook for 1 minute. Add broth, bay leaves,Â soy sauce, maple syrup,Â and spices, stirring to combine.
- Stir in potatoes and bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.Â Add seitan and continue to simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove bay leaves.
- Whisk together 2 to 3 tablepoons of stew liquid and flour. Stir flour mixtureÂ into stew and raise heat to medium. Simmer forÂ 5 minutes or until stew thickens.