Vegan Polenta Cakes
Makes 12 cakes
1. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together cornmeal, water, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, for 20 minutes or until polenta is very thick.
3. Stir in olive oil, vegan cheese, and herbs and remove from heat. Continue to stir until cheese melts.
4. Line a 13x9-inch baking dish with heavy duty plastic wrap. Spoon polenta into dish and let cool for 15 minutes.
5. Spray a second piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray and place right on top of polenta. Place dish in refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm.
6. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
7. In a shallow dish, whisk together egg substitute and soy milk. In a second shallow dish, combine panko and cayenne.
8. Cut polenta into 12 squares. Dip each square in egg substitute mixture then dredge in panko. Place squares on the prepared baking sheet.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!