Biscuits can be nibbled anytime of day but vegan breakfast biscuits are a must-eat on lazy Sunday mornings with vegan gravy or your favorite fruit preserves.
Vegan Breakfast Drop Biscuits
- 1 cup soft-wheat self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup medium ground cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons vegan margarine, chilled, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, and baking powder.
- Use your fingers to rub margarine into flour mixture until crumbly.
- Add soy milk and stir with a fork until just moistened.
- Drop batter onto prepared baking sheet in 1/4-cup portions, about 6 biscuits.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
More vegan recipes
Vegan split pea and sweet potato soup
Roasted sweet potato sticks
Chilled asparagus with mustard herb vinaigrette