The savory sipping of apple cider begins in the fall and carries through until the chilly winter months fade.
This spicy citrus-infused vegan drink is perfect for vegan holiday parties or whenever you need to warm your bones. In addition to wafting enchanting aromas through your house, you can adjust the mulling spices to suit your tastes.
Warm Wonderful Apple Cider
Makes about 8 cups
- Wide strips of zest from 1 orange and 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- Combine apple cider, sugar, orange juice, and lemon juice in a large pot, stirring to combine.
- Place remaining ingredients in a double-thick piece of cheesecloth and tie ends to make a spice bag. Add spice bag to cider mixture.
- Turn heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, to infuse cider with spicy flavors.
- Serve warm.
More vegan holiday recipes
Savory holiday fig spread
Vegan eggnog recipe