1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place squash in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
3. In a large stockpot, saute onion in 1/4 cup broth over medium heat until translucent, about 3 minutes.
4. Add garlic, cardamom, cumin, nutmeg, cayenne, and salt. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add cooked squash and remaining broth.
7. Puree soup in batches in a food processor or blender until smooth.
8. Return soup to pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to a simmer, partially cover pot, and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
9. If using, garnish the top of each bowl of soup with 2 tablespoons sour cream.
From the book The Get Healthy, Go Vegan Cookbook by Neal Barnard, MD and Robyn Webb. Excerpted by arrangement with Da Capo Lifelong, a member of the Perseus Books Group. http://www.dacapopresscookbooks.com/Copyright © 2010.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!