The Holidays Just Don't Seem Complete Without A Tasty Batch Of Vegan Biscotti. This Vegan Holiday Dessert (And Vegan Breakfast Treat!) Is Perfect To Offer To Your Holiday Guests Or To Package Up And Give Away As Welcome Vegan Holiday Gifts.
The holidays just don't seem complete without a tasty batch of vegan biscotti. Cranberries and cinnamon pair well with the yummy flavor of coconut milk. This vegan holiday dessert (and vegan breakfast treat!) is perfect to offer to your holiday guests or to package up and give away as welcome vegan holiday gifts.
The holidays just don't seem complete without a tasty batch of vegan biscotti. Cranberries and cinnamon pair well with the yummy flavor of coconut milk. This vegan holiday dessert (and vegan breakfast treat!) is perfect to offer to your holiday guests or to package up and give away as welcome vegan holiday gifts.Cinnamon Cranberry Biscotti
Makes about 3 dozenIngredients:
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- 3-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup silken tofu
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup vegan shortening
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
More tasty vegan holiday recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk and cranberries and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a second large bowl, use an electric hand mixer to puree tofu. Add coconut milk mixture, brown rice syrup, shortening, and vanilla and blend until well combined.
- Add coconut milk mixture to flour mixture and mix until a stiff dough forms.
- Dump dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into two equally-sized logs.
- Place logs on prepared baking sheet and use the palm of your hand to flatten the logs slightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes then transfer logs to a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Transfer logs to a cutting board and use a serrated knife to slice logs at a slant into 1/2-inch slices.
- Lay biscotti flat on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Let cool completely and store in airtight containers at room temperature for up to 1 week.