In a holiday hurry? Surprise your favorite party hostess, and roll up these mini desserts in a jiffy.
A classic Christmas nibble, rum balls are a decadent blend of nuts, cookie, sugar and rum. Easy to make, this vegan holiday dessert is perfect for holiday entertaining as well as giving away as a vegan holiday gift. Best yet, you can prep vegan rum balls up to three days ahead and refrigerate them until you're ready to serve. Tasty and time-saving!
Vegan rum balls recipe
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups vegan chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 2 cups vegan powdered sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- In a food processor, combine walnuts, cookie crumbs and 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar. Pulse to finely chop the walnuts and combine.
- Add cocoa, syrup and rum, and pulse until the mixture comes together. Adjust the consistency by adding more sugar if it's too dry or more rum if it's too wet.
- Form the mixture into 24 rum balls using your hands.
- Roll the balls in the remaining powdered sugar and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
More vegan desserts
Valentine's Day dessert: Glazed apple wedges
Vegan dessert sauce: Berry coulis
Vegan Dark Night chocolate mousse