These yummy vegan almond cookies are just the treat to help your sweets craving!
Dunk these yummy vegan almond cookies into a glass of your favorite flavor of soy milk or crumble them atop a bowl of vegan ice cream for a tasty dessert.
White whole-wheat flour lends whole grain goodness without making cookies dense, while the addition of slivered almonds gives the cookies a lovely nutty crunch. Package up a few extra batches and give them away as delectable vegan holiday gifts.
Vegan almond cookie recipe
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk, optional
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine margarine and sugars and beat until smooth.
- Add almond extract and beat until incorporated.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the margarine mixture and blend together. If the dough is particularly dry, blend in the almond milk.
- Add slivered almonds and blend just until incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 24 balls and flatten slightly.
- Bake on prepared cookie sheets for 18 to 20 minutes or until set. Let the cookies cool on wire racks.
More vegan cookie recipes
Vegan butterscotch cookies
Vegan Valentine's Day heart sugar cookies
Vegan chocolate almond cookie recipe