These Oat And Fruit Bars Are Delish As A Vegan Breakfast, Mid-Afternoon Vegan Snack, Or Even For Dessert With A Scoop Of Vegan Ice Cream. You'll Love The Delicately Crisp Crunch Of The Topping And The Ooey, Gooey Sweetness Of The Fruit.
These oat and fruit bars are delish as a vegan breakfast, mid-afternoon vegan snack, or even for dessert with a scoop of vegan ice cream. You'll love the delicately crisp crunch of the topping and the ooey, gooey sweetness of the fruit.
These oat and fruitÂ bars are delish as a vegan breakfast, mid-afternoon vegan snack, or even for dessert with a scoop of vegan ice cream.
You'll love the delicately crisp crunch of the toppingÂ and the ooey, gooey sweetness of the fruit.Vegan Oatmeal Fruit Bars
Makes 18 barsIngredients:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 12 tablespoonsÂ cold vegan margarine, cut into pieces
- 1-1/4 cups blackberry preserves
MoreÂ veganÂ breakfastÂ recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Add margarine and use your fingers to rub margarine into dry ingredients until a crumbly meal forms.
- Place half of the oat mixture on the bottom of the prepared baking dish, pressing it gently to make an even layer.
- Spread blackberry preserves on top of oat mixture in the baking dish, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle remaining oat mixture on top of blackberry preserves and lightly press to make an even layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.
- Place on a wire rack to cool for a few hours before cutting into bars.