Sweet And Creamy
A warm and creamy combination, sweet potatoes and macadamia nuts deliciously come together in this sumptuous, yet healthy, vegan soup. For a tasty change, substitute three cups of diced winter squash for the sweet potatoes or swap out the macadamia nuts for cashews, almonds, or hazelnuts. In soups and sauces, ground nuts are a stellar vegan stand-in for cream. For a pretty garnish, drizzle with a little coconut milk. Serve this sweet potato soup as a first course for your vegan holiday feast.
Sweet Potato and Macadamia Nut Soup
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onion and celery, stirring often, until softened.
2. Add ginger, garlic, and lemon zest. Cook, stirring, until fragrant.
3. Add sweet potatoes, ground nuts, and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are very soft.
4. Stir in parsley and remove from heat. Let cool slightly then puree with an immersion blender or food processor.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm, garnished with macadamia nuts.