Savory Holiday Fig Spread
Makes 2 cups
1. Trim figs and coarsely chop. Place figs and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Remove saucepan from heat and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring frequently, until softened. Add orange zest and juice, cardamom, allspice, and salt, stirring to combine.
4. Add figs (and liquid) and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Stir in maple syrup and remove from heat. Let cool slightly.
5. Transfer fig mixture to a food processor and pulse until desired consistency; you can keep it chunky or puree until smooth.
6. Serve warm. Spread can be refrigerated for up to 2 days; let come to room temperature before serving.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!