This is a unique twist on a vegan Christmas dessert! Try this easy-to-make vegan sponge-cake filled with vegan ice cream. This dessert is perfect for the holidays.
Make this vegan ice cream bombe for your holiday party or bring it over to a friend's holiday party! Because of its unique and unexpected delicious combination, it will have your guests loving it-- Vegan or not!
Ice Cream Bombe
- 1 thinly sliced vegan sponge cake
- Your choice of vegan jam to spread on the cake
- 1 or 2 tubs of vegan ice cream
- 1 bag of unsalted, shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 handful of glace cherries
- 1 handful of white chocolate buttons
- 1 bar of dark chocolate of your choice
- Line a round pudding bowl with cake slices--make sure to leave some for the base--and spread a layer of jam over them.
- Get your other ingredients ready before taking the ice cream out of the freezer, then start layering them.
- Layering order: layer of ice cream, a sprinkling of nuts, ice cream, cherries, ice cream, buttons, ice cream then the last slices of cake on the base.
- Cling wrap the whole bowl really well and use a plate to press down and squash all the layers together really well.
- Put in the freezer until you're ready to eat it. (This can be me days, weeks in advance)
- When ready to eat, place it in the fridge for an hour before you remove it from the bowl (You may need to run hot the outside of bowl under hot water) then pour melted chocolate over the top, it sets fast so be careful.
- Slice it up then eat!
More vegan recipes
Super Bowl Recipes
Mango Coconut Turnover
Smoky Red Pepper Hummus