Perfect Appetizer For Any Event
Try this vegan appetizer that has a delicious, array of flavors! These stuffed mushrooms are perfect for a holiday party or game day. They are simple to make and healthy for you too. Substitute the tofu for any other kind of stuffing of your preference. You definitely can't go wrong with this vegan appetizer as its a combination of all the best ingredients!
Stuffed Mushrooms with Tofu and Herbs
1. Spray or oil a large baking dish with vegetable oil and set it aside
2. Remove then roughly dice stems of mushrooms and set aside
3. In a non-stick skillet, place 1 T. olive oil and mushroom caps, and saute for 2 minutes
4. After saute, transfer mushroom caps to a large plate
5. After tofu is thawed, crumble tofu into a small bowl and set aside
6. In the same non-stick skillet, saute the reserved mushroom stems, onion, celery and green onion in remaining olive oil for 5 minutes to soften
7. Add the crumbled tofu, garlic and thyme, and saute an additional 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender
8. Remove the skillet from heat, add the remaining ingredients, stir well to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
9. Fill the mushroom caps with warm filling, slightly mounding the tops, and place them in the prepared baking dish
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the mushroom caps are heated through and slightly browned on top
11. Transfer to a decorative platter for service and serve immediately
Thanks to TheVeganChef for the inspirational recipe!