This great vegan oatmeal recipe is perfect for the family breakfast table on Christmas morning. Even your non-vegan family members will enjoy this. Our gift to you!
Vegan Apple Oatmeal
- 1.5 ounce dried apricot, chopped
- 3 ounce slow cooking oatmeal
- Peel, core, and chop the apples into small chunks.
- Place apple chunks, raisins, and apricot in cooking pot.
- Add apple juice, and heat to boiling.
- Let simmer 1 minute, and then add oatmeal.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes, then turn off the stove, and cover for 3 minutes.
- Add spices to taste.
- Serve alone or with banana slices.
Cooking Time:15-20 minutes
Want vegan meal ideas and recipes for the rest of Christmas Day? Go to MisoVegan for ideas. Thanks to Happy Cow for the inspiration for this recipe!
More delicious vegan recipes
Sweet potato and macadamia nut soup
Savory holiday fig spread