Banana Bread Vegan Style!
This vegan recipe for a traditional family favorite will be a hit this Christmas holiday or any day of the year.
Vegan banana bread recipe
- 3 very ripe bananas, smashed (the peel should be mostly black)
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cinnamon to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small cup, mix flax seeds and water until combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix smashed bananas and melted margarine with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in the sugar, flax seed mixture and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and salt into the mixture and stir well.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg and flour and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a well-greased and -floured loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.
More vegan recipes
Easy vegan queso dip
Shredded veggie summer slaw