Try this vegan feta cheese recipe so you can start enjoying the fresh, full taste of this cruelty-free salty cheese.
Let's be honest, feta cheese is absolutely delightful. It tastes great on almost anything! You can put it on salads, casseroles, pizza, pasta, fruit... the options are truly limitless.
Vegan feta cheese recipe
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoon yellow miso paste
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or majarom
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Break the tofu apart into a few large pieces in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Whisk all the remaining ingredients, except nutritional yeast, together.
- Pour the mixture over the tofu and mix with your hands, crumbing the tofu into smaller pieces as you go.
- Set aside and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast over the top and mix.
- Taste, adding more nutritional yeast if desired.
More Vegan Recipes
Vegan Greek phyllo calzone
Mother's Day vegetarian Greek salad
Spinach salad with beets and walnuts