Bring On The Vegan Dessert!
It's amazing that after a Thanksgiving dinner and all the food that entailed, we're still ready for dessert. Try this vegan coconut cream pie for a sweet finish to your Thanksgiving dinner.
Your vegan and non-vegan guests will absolutely love this sweet treat. This is not only delicious, but simple to make.
Vegan classic coconut cream pie recipe
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 3 cups coconut milk (or 2 cups coconut milk and 1 cup soy milk for less richness)
- 1/2 cup soft (silken) tofu
- 2/3 cup vegan-certified sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, pre-baked
- 1 cup vegan whipped topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread coconut flakes on a cookie sheet and bake them for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine coconut milk, tofu, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove the tofu mixture from the heat and add 3/4 cup of toasted coconut and vanilla. Stir well. Top the pie with the remaining coconut.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and place it in fridge to chill for 3 hours or until firm.
More vegan recipes
Sunny Meyer lemon & pine nut hummus
Vegan cherry chocolate ice cream
Shredded veggie summer slaw