Mom's Mashed Parsnips and Carrots
An iconic holiday dish
I asked my mom to supply me with hands down my favorite vegan Thanksgiving side dish. This recipe had originally not been vegan but when I became vegan my mom worked hard to make it vegan.
Mashed Parsnips and Carrots
The Parsnip is a highly underrated root vegetable; they're a great source of potassium and fiber, and extremely tasty as well!
- 1 bag of baby carrots or half bag of regular carrots
- 3 medium or 2 large parsnips
- 2 cans of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter like spread
- 1-2 table spoon of brown sugar (2 if you like it sweeter)
- Boil carrots and parsnips in the vegetable broth until tender.
- Drain all of broth but 4 ounces.
- Use broth to mash the vegetables together adding a little at a time until they are the consistency you like. (I like mine a little chunky. )
- Melt vegan butter spread on top add brown sugar and mix together.
More delectable holiday vegan dishes
Curried Red Lentil Soup with Sweet Potatoes and Greens
Chilled Asparagus with Mustard Herb Vinaigrette
Vegan Double-Crust Apple Pie
Recommended for You