Cream of Pumpkin Soup Topped with Curried Pecans
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1.Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion. Cover and cook until softened, 5 minutes.
3. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the curry powder and the pumpkin puree, then whisk in the broth until smooth.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup and season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to develop, stirring occasionally.
While the soup is simmering, make the curried pecans.
5. In a small bowl, combine the pecan pieces with the remaining maple syrup and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the remaining curry powder, tossing to coat.
6. Place the pecans in a small baking dish and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
1. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup right in the pot.
2. Return the soup to the stove top, turning the heat to low.
3. Whisk in the coconut milk, taste to adjust seasonings.
4. Heat until hot, do not boil. Serve the soup garnished with the pecans.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!