So Creamy And Delicious
Creamy and delicious with a crispy crunch of nuts, this sweet and spicy soup is a great way to begin Thanksgiving dinner. The curry flavor will spice up everyone's Thanksgiving meal - not just the vegans at the table. The scrumptious pumpkin flavor is a great way to remind your family of that warm fall feeling. All of these flavors combined into one great dish? Yummy! Cream of Pumpkin Soup Topped with Curried Pecans
Cream of Pumpkin Soup Topped with Curried Pecans
1.Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion. Cover and cook until softened, 5 minutes.
3. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the curry powder and the pumpkin puree, then whisk in the broth until smooth.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup and season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to develop, stirring occasionally.
While the soup is simmering, make the curried pecans.
5. In a small bowl, combine the pecan pieces with the remaining maple syrup and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the remaining curry powder, tossing to coat.
6. Place the pecans in a small baking dish and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
1. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup right in the pot.
2. Return the soup to the stove top, turning the heat to low.
3. Whisk in the coconut milk, taste to adjust seasonings.
4. Heat until hot, do not boil. Serve the soup garnished with the pecans.