Split Pea and Sweet Potato Soup
Preparation Time: 20 Mins
Cooking Time: 1.5 Hours
1.Bring 1/2 cup water to simmer in a large saucepot over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and cook about 5 minutes or until translucent.
3 .Stir in ginger and cook 1 minute, stirring.
4. Add remaining 8 cups water, peas and sweet potato cubes and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
6.Uncover and continue to simmer 15 minutes.
7. Carefully purée soup with a hand held immersion blender or in batches in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
8. Garnish with pumpkin seeds.
This recipe and delicious ingredients can be found at Whole Foods Market.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!